By Graham "GSM" Matthews
Three years ago today (November 17, 2010), this very website was created. I first started up my own fantasy wrestling organization entitled AJM in May 2008, which was later renamed Next Era Wrestling in early 2010. The organization's official website was done through Freewebs (now known as just Webs) for the first part of the year before coming to Weebly that November. Since then, the website has grown leaps in bounds, and that couldn't have been possible with the many thousands of people who have visited the site on a regular basis over the last three years. So, for that, I sincerely thank you.
As you can see in the attached picture, all the site featured in its first few months were results from my fantasy wrestling organization and nothing much than that outside of archived articles from Bleacher Report. It wasn't until the summer of 2011 that the site was revamped, in that it began featuring links to articles from B/R as well as original content (I began writing reviews for Raw and SmackDown for N.E.W. that May). Many new tabs were added to the website in the next two years, including the weekly WWE Week in Review
column, my Injection of Inspiration
and Director's Cut
blogs, Event Photos
and more. The site also began accepting applications for writers willing to contribute work to the site at the start of 2013.
By Graham "GSM" Matthews
For those unaware, we held our inaugural Superstar Draft
on my wrestling radio talk show SAVE US GSM
this past May. It featured the active rosters of WWE and TNA. Five participants (myself included) put cards together using the people they drafted and presented their pay-per-view line-ups in early July. The competition was won by my co-host Kyle Hendie
, who has earned a spot in the next Superstar Draft.
Speaking of such, our next Superstar Draft will occur on the August 28 edition of SAVE US GSM at our usual time of 10/9c
. Instead of featuring the WWE and TNA rosters, it will feature the Legends of the past. It will include all wrestlers in the WWE Hall of Fame
(women wrestlers notwithstanding, but announcers and managers have yet to be determined) and other notable names that aren't in the WWE Hall of Fame (Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, etc.). There will be five participants
in total. One of whom will be Kyle, who can either choose to participate or forfeit his spot to someone else. The other participants will be decided by a random drawing -which could be you!
By Graham "GSM" Matthews
Last August, I began holding a monthly trivia session entitled "GSM Trivia
", where the first person to answer the question correctly won the round. The sessions were usually held on the first Tuesday of every month on my Twitter page
. For the first time since August, I was unable to hold a trivia session this month due to being busy with other things.
Since I'll be starting college this upcoming September, I thought it would be best to put an official end to "GSM Trivia" next month, as I probably won't have enough time to do it on a monthly basis going forward. That being said, I've have a blast doing the trivia sessions over the last year and the amount of people who have participated has only skyrocketed since the concept's debut last summer. However, coming up with questions to use for the game takes time that I no longer have.
Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who has continued to visit and support Next Era Wrestling since its debut in November 2010. The website has grown a look since then, especially in recent months. With the additions of my Aspire To Inspire novel
, WWE Week in Review
, Pushed to Punished archive
and more, the website has seen more web traffic in the last month more than ever before in history.
As we enter the new year, I'll be looking for new writers to contribute to Next Era Wrestling. The articles you write can be anything wrestling related, ranging from opinion pieces to preview pieces to anything you'd like. However, please stray away from writing reviews for Raw, SmackDown, or WWE pay-per-views, as I already cover those shows in the Columnist Corner
. You don't need to be a certified journalist to write for the site, but you do need to acquire some writing skills. I don't have the time to correct grammatical errors, so please ensure your work is in its best form. Keep in mind also this a non-paying job
, so this is strictly for your own experience and pleasure.
If you already write for Bleacher Report and are willing to contribute your work to Next Era Wrestling, even better. The picture and title of your B/R piece will appear on the slider of the N.E.W. homepage
. Once the picture is clicked on, it'll direct the visitor straight to your article on Bleacher Report. Your name and picture would also be added to the Bleacher Bloggers
If you're interested in writing for Next Era Wrestling, send in an application to the Contact Form
with your email attached. If you receive a reply within the next few days, that means your work has been reviewed and you've been accepted to write for the site. Also, feel free to contact me on Twitter at @SAVE_US_GSM
for comments, questions or concerns regarding the matter.
Thanks for your time and have a happy and safe New Year.
As I've said a number of times via Twitter
in recent weeks, December is by far my favorite month of the year for a variety of reasons. That being said, it'll also be the busiest month of the year (or at least for me) as well. However, I don't use the word "busy" in a bad way, as I'm extremely excited for everything I've got planned over the course of the month. Here's the official schedule of occurrences this December:
- December 1st: I'll be returning my WWE Pushed to Punished article series to Bleacher Report. It'll be the first edition I've written since early October. I'll be posting five Pushed to Punished articles over the course of the month, with each of them being published on a Saturday (or so I hope). If you have any suggestions as to who I should analyze, be sure to let me know.
- December 1st: An official announcement will be made regarding the future of my YouTube channel. This includes my WrestleRant videos, my embarrassing dance videos, my pillow videos, and my live reaction videos.
- December 1st: Apart of my Creative Writing class, I've been working on a novel over the course of November. Although it's not as long as I originally anticipated and I'm not yet finished with it, I'll be posting the part of the novel here on Next Era Wrestling on the first day of the month. The novel will focus around my various experiences, both my ups and downs, over the course of the past few years. Of course, it will be a motivational piece entitled "Aspire to Inspire".
- December 4th: For the fifth consecutive month, I'll be hosting GSM Trivia on Twitter on Tuesday, December 4th. For those unfamiliar with the concept, I ask a total of twenty questions pertaining to anything wrestling related. The user with the most points by the end of the session wins. It starts at 9/8c and will probably run until 11/10c at the latest. The date is easy to remember because the sessions are held on the first Tuesday of every month. With this being the final GSM Trivia of 2012, it'll more than likely focus on things that have occurred over the course of the year.
- December 18th: Although SAVE US GSM will be airing on the first two Wednesdays of the month (December 5th and December 12th) per usual at the same time at 10/9c, we'll be having our final show of the year on Tuesday, December 18th starting at 9/8c. It'll be a two-hour special also involving the cast and crew of Gorilla Blood, the other show that airs on PW247.net. My special guest that night will be Seth Guttenplan and we'll be discussing WWE TLC, that week's Raw, and our year in review. We will not be airing shows following this one until the new year.
- December 23rd: For those of you who have been following me on Twitter for awhile now, you're more than likely familiar with my various stories. I've told four official ones since May and each contains a moral and message. They aren't done out of bitterness, but rather out of inspiration for others. I'll be telling my final story of the year on Sunday, December 23rd. It has to do with a girl who went from being my best friend to my girlfriend to my worst enemy within a matter of months. Of all the stories I've told so far, this one is the most recent and will be the most controversial yet. For those of you unfamiliar with my stories, you can read all about them once my novel "Aspire to Inspire" is released in its entirety.
- Other dates to remember: Within the world of wrestling, the WWE TLC pay-per-view will be airing on the 16th. The Tribute to the Troops special will also be airing at some point during the month, and I expect to see the Slammy Awards return as well. Of course, who can forget Christmas? That's the real world's version of WrestleMania, so I'm excited for that more than anything. New Year's Eve should also be a ton of fun, too. Also, look for changes coming to Next Era Wrestling going into 2013.
Hope you enjoy December as much as I will and if you have any comments, questions or concerns regarding the schedule, please let me know. Thanks and have an awesome rest of 2012.
Following the controversial events that saw John Nichols
rudely interrupt last week's SAVE US GSM broadcast
, it was officially determined
a few days ago that he is no longer welcome on the show and is indefinitely banned. That being said, a void was left for a co-host on the show, which lead to a search to find a new one.
As of today, August 28, 2012, Wrestle Enigma's own Louie Babcock
will be the official co-host for SAVE US GSM
going forward. He was a special guest on last week's show and will become a permanent fixture from here on out. To hear the official announcement, click here
This week's edition of SAVE US GSM
will also include the backlash from John Nichols' actions which will be addressed at the start of the show as well as a review of Monday Night Raw from this past week. All this and more will be brought to you live on SAVE US GSM
this upcoming Thursday evening at 10/9c immediately following TNA Impact Wrestling on PW247.net
SAVE US GSM
's abrupt conclusion Thursday night was not due to technical difficulties. The decision to suddenly end the broadcast in that manner was made after John Nichols rudely called in uninvited and interrupted the show before going off on a verbal tirade that disrespected the hosts, its respective listeners, and other members of the IWC. Said behavior will not be tolerated.
John Nichols, otherwise known as @HeelByDesign
, is banned indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as SAVE US GSM went off the air.
Nichols last appeared on SAVE US GSM on the August 2nd edition before leaving the show shortly thereafter. A search for a new co-host is now underway.
Tune into the wrestling radio talk show SAVE US GSM
next Thursday night immediately following TNA Impact Wrestling at 10/9c on PW247.net
for the fallout from this controversial issue and what the consequences will entail. We sincerely apologize to anyone that was offended by the remarks made by Nichols last night.
For the first time in nearly a month, my wrestling radio talk show SAVE US GSM makes its return. However, the new host site will be on PW247.net
with the same time slot of 10/9c immediately following tonight's Impact Wrestling show. I'll be joined by my co-host Johnathan Nichols (@HeelByDesign
) and we'll of course be discussing this past week's epic Raw 1,000 event and much more. Be sure to listen live for our monumental return!
Also tonight, Ben Gartland and I host our 37th edition of Spoilers
live at 11/10c. Similar to SAVE US GSM, we'll also be discussing Raw 1,000 and everything else occurring in the world of wrestling. If you'd like to call in to tonight's Spoilers
podcast, call the number 718-305-6983 at the time of the show. To listen live, click here
To schedule a future spot on the show or if you have any questions or concerns, contact me on Twitter at @SAVE_US_GSM
, Johnathan Nichols at @HeelByDesign
, or Ben Gartland at @SirBen_WE
Don't forget to tune in tonight for two electric hours of wrestling radio starting at 10/9c with Spoilers
followed by the re-debut of SAVE US GSM
Next Era Wrestling has come to terms on the removal of Dolla Bil Facciponte from our exclusive team of Bleacher Bloggers as of July 3, 2012. We wish him the best in him future endeavors.
Over the course of the last year, we've recruited a number of Bleacher Report wrestling journalists for their work to be featured on the front page of Next Era Wrestling. Now, you can take an easier look at the familiar faces just by clicking on the Bleacher Bloggers
tab. Although that page has been existent here on the site for quite some time, it has now been revamped featuring only the icons with the mini-profiles being removed. Click on the icon to explore that writer's Bleacher Report profile and more of their outstanding work. We hope you enjoy the changes that are forthcoming this summer!